Some things that I attribute directly to this:
- I'm employed again. [and the various rewards that go along with that, like my home.]
- I can talk on the phone. In fact, I have and use a cellphone most of the time.
- I date again.
- I am more connected to whats going on around me.
- I'm far more confidant than I was
- I actually enjoy music again.
I'm not going to say I'm "cured" or anything like that. I still have my problems, and my hearing is certainly not as good as other people's, but there's a huge difference between my life a year ago, and my life today.